Become a Member
When you open a TFCU account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information such as photo identification that will allow us to identify you. Follow these simple steps to become a member:
Step 1. Establish that you are eligible for membership. Verify eligibility
Step 2. Open an account in person at one of our three branch locations or by mail. The ability to join online is coming soon!
You will need the following documents to open an account:
- A driver's license, plus proof of eligibility.
- A document showing a Social Security number such as a Social Security Card, a copy of a Social Security Card or a payroll stub.
- Cash or a check for at least $5.00 to make your initial deposit ($10.00 for Joint accounts). This initial deposit represents your membership share in the credit union.
To open an account by mail, follow the steps below:
- Depending on the account you are opening you will need to Download our Member Service Agreement-Part1 OR (if a business) Download our Business Member Service Agreement-Part 1. Also available for review are our Member Service Agreement-Part 2 as well as our Member Service Agreement for Business-Part 2.
- Complete the TFCU Member Service Agreement-Part 1 in full (or if a business complete the
Member Service Agreement for Business-Part 1.
- Include a photocopy of your driver's license (or other official photo identification). Enclose a check in the amount of at least $5.00 ($10.00 for Joint accounts), which represents your membership share in the credit union.
- Mail the completed TFCU Account Card and check to:
Attn: New Accounts
1178 NYS Route 9N
Ticonderoga, NY 12883
Our Member Service Representatives are available to help answer any questions and we can even mail or email you everything you need to open a TFCU account. Please call us at 518-585-6725 or 888-TFCU-NOW.
Once you've opened your account, we make it easy to switch your accounts from other financial institutions to TFCU with our Switch Kit.